It's true what they say: posting even a short, simple, home-made video on your Web site can boost sales 10% to 15% or more.
Do you have videos on your sites yet? If not, here's how to quickly and easily correct that defect - and generate thousands of dollars in increased online revenues this year.
Dear Internet Marketer:
Everywhere you look on the Internet, you see more and more Web sites with videos on them.
You know all these smart marketers wouldn't bother to create and post those videos online ... unless it paid big dividends in improved Web site performance.
And it does: posting even a short, simple, crudely made video on your Web site can boost sales 10% to 15% or more.
That means for every $100,000 in online revenues your product landing pages are generating today, posting a short video on each could make you an extra $10,000 to $25,000 a year.
So why don't you have online videos on your Web sites yet?
I'm guessing it's for the same reason most beginning Internet marketers - and even many experienced pros - don't have videos on their sites yet.
Namely, you don't know how to write the script ... shoot and edit the video ... or handle the technical aspects of getting the digital video file off your camera and onto your web site, yes?
If so, help is here ... and I guarantee that, with this help, you can have your first video written, taped, and posted on your Web site within 90 days or sooner. In fact, I guarantee it or you pay me nothing.
Marketing with web video: don't get left behind!
Video is rapidly becoming the dominant form of information and entertainment online - and a potent marketing tool for boosting conversion rates and increased web site traffic:
- Web sites like Flickr and YouTube now account for 12% of all Web traffic - a jump of over 686% from just 2 years ago. YouTube has more than 10 million videos viewed daily.
- 123 million Americans view online video at least once a month. Of these, 66% have watched online video ads - and 44% have taken action on what they have seen.
- We are nation of people addicted to screens. We watch TV almost 5 hours a day and surf the Internet 3.6 hours a day.
- Three out of four Internet users will tell at least one friend about a video they have seen, often by e-mailing them the link to that video.
The bottom line: If you aren't using video on your Web sites, you are missing the boat on the online video trend - and leaving a pile of money on the table!
Online videos made quick and easy
In our newly revised e-book, Improving Conversion Rates on Landing Pages and Web Sites with Online Video: a Step-by-Step Guide....
Internet marketing expert John Moreau and I give you simple, plain-English, step-by-step instructions that make creating and using online videos on your web sites easy as pie!
In it, you'll discover:
- Why online video matters ... and you should add short videos to your sites and landing pages this year. Page 3.
- 4 questions to ask before you choose a video hosting service for your Web sites. Page 48.
- A quick 6-step sound check. Perform it every time you turn on the microphone and video camera. Page 28.
- Tips for creating a stronger landing page on which your video should be made available. Page 5.
- Choosing the right video camera for the job. You don't need to spend thousands of dollars to get started with Web video. You don't even need a camera! Page 28.
- How a simple video can bring in more visitors from organic search. Page 6.
- 6 steps to uploading your video to the Web. Page 49.
- Creating your first online video just by sitting in front of your PC with your webcam turned on. Page 29.
- Incorporating key words into your video title - without making it sound like spam. Page 50.
- Using Google to increase viewership of your online videos. Page 7.
- Easy ways to hold the camera rock-steady and stop it from bouncing around while shooting. Page 30.
- 4 steps for adding video to your product landing pages. Page 51. Plus: adding the required code to the landing page. See page 52.
- This no-brainer video format is a breeze to produce. Yet it can increase conversion rates on landing pages up to 30%. Page 8.
- Quadruple your click-through rates by promoting your new online video in your e-mail marketing. Page 53.
- 7 steps to shooting a successful testimonial video featuring multiple customers. Page 31.
- 3 questions to ask before you start scripting and shooting your online video - and the answers. Page 9.
- 6 ways to create an attention-grabbing product demonstration video for your web site. Page 32.
- The 5 different types of online videos - and when to use each. Page 10.
- Low-cost/no-cost software packages for editing your video footage right on your PC or Mac. Page 34.
- 4 situations in which a product video can help you close more sales online. Page 11.
- How to transfer video footage from your digital camera onto your computer. Page 35.
- Writing copy that increases conversion rates for landing page videos. Page 13.
- Using the Movie Maker story board to organize your video footage in the order you want the clips to play in. Page 36.
- How to create killer online videos for less than $60 each - as incredible as that sounds. Page 14.
- How to quickly and easily cut, paste, and trim segments of digital video together with a few mouse clicks - just like old-time film makers edited movies with cumbersome scissors and tape - but in a fraction of the time. Page 36.
- Should you star in your own online video? The answer may surprise you. Page 15.
- Share your video for free all over the Internet on social bookmarking sites. Page 63.
- The #1 mistake to avoid when adding scene transitions to your videos in the editing process. Page 37.
- A 5-step formula for writing more persuasive online videos. Page 17.
- How to add titles, credits, web site URLs, and other text to the beginning and end of your video. Page 38.
- Creating a compelling call to action that your video can drive viewers to. Page 19.
- Simple 4-step process uploads your video to YouTube and up to 14 other video sharing sites -- all at once. Page 61.
- How to save your finished video to the Web as a high-resolution digital file. Page 39.
- 7 video search engines where you should submit your online videos. Page 64.
- Correct scripting format for video. Makes it easy for the on-air personality and the videographer. Page 20.
- 10 steps to editing online videos using a Macintosh. For Mac users only. Starts on page 40.
- Measuring your video's conversion rate performance. Page 63.
- Using online video to give visitors a "walking tour" of what's on your Web site or page. Page 21.
- Brightening images with iMovie to compensate for poor lighting during the shoot. Page 43.
- How to shoot all the video testimonials you need without paying airfare to tape your customers in person. Page 22.
- 4 ways to customize your video for posting on YouTube and other video sharing sites. Page 58.
- Add music by downloading music clips online - without paying a penny in royalties to use the tunes. Page 44.
- 6 steps to turning digital photos into a video-style slide presentation. Page 45.
- Proper camera angles for shooting a video interview with two or more participants. Page 23.
- Writing meta-tags that help search engines find your video. Page 60.
- Where should you host your video - dedicated streaming server, your own Web site, or third-party site? Turn to page 47 for the answer.
- How to create an engaging online video without a video camera. Page 24.
- The ideal weather for shooting an online video outdoors (hint: it's NOT what you think). Page 25.
- Home-made light reflectors you can easily construct for less than a dime apiece. Work almost as well as professional reflectors at a fraction of the cost. Page 26.
- Microphones that help you capture clear, static-free sound for your Web videos for under $50. Page 27.
- How to get your video to play as a Flash file on your Web site. Page 54.
- And so much more....
"As incorporating video onto the Web becomes easier and the quality of video gets better and better, consumers are expecting its presence on Web sites more and more. Video offers so many opportunities for marketers to get their messages across in a more compelling, and more informative, way."
--Target Marketing magazine (7/29/09)
"This e-book is a MUST for anyone starting out to make a fortune with video in online marketing," says award-winning TV producer Mike Lee. "I have had 25 years of network TV story telling, and I know you won't find a better starter book ... you've got everything here you need to get going."
Act now and save $30
The list price of our Online Video Guide is $69. And that's what we'll soon be selling it for all over the Internet.
But order today, and you pay only $39 ... a $30 savings off the cover price ... less than I charge for just 5 minutes of my time.
And that's only if the Guide generates a flood of new traffic and orders on your micro sites and landing pages.
If it doesn't, then it won't cost you a penny. Here's why....
Our 100% iron-clad guarantee of satisfaction
I totally guarantee your satisfaction with our Online Video Guide.
If you aren't 100% convinced that our Guide is the smartest investment you've made in building your Internet marketing business with videos this year....
Or you are unhappy for any other reason ... or for no reason at all ... just let me know within 90 days.
I'll give you a full and prompt refund. And you can keep the e-book with my compliments.
That way, you risk nothing.
With the right video posted on your product sites, you could boost your landing page conversion rates - resulting in a huge lift in online sales and revenues.
And when you follow the strategies in Online Video Guide, you can do it on a shoestring - with nothing more than a store-bought, hand-held video camera!
So what are you waiting for?
To order the Online Video Guide on a 90-day risk-free trial basis, just click here now:
Robert W. Bly, Director
P.S. Order the Online Video Guide today and you get a FREE Special Bonus Report, Online Marketing That Works (list price: $29).
In this 50-page guide to Internet marketing, you'll discover:
- How to break into your prospect's "e-mail inner circle." Page 6.
- 27 tips for writing e-mail marketing messages that work. Starts on page 33.
- How to write, publish, and distribute your own e-newsletter ... and do it in less than 2 hours a month. Page 9.
- The 10 steps to outrageous online marketing success. Page 3.
- How I built my e-list from 3,000 names to over 40,000 names in just 6 weeks for less than $1,000. Page 15.
- Converting leads to sales with the "online conversion" strategy. Page 27.
- Most common Web site mistakes - and how to avoid them. Page 42.
- And more....
Best of all, this bonus report is yours to keep FREE - even if you request a refund on the e-book!
To order the Online Video Guide ... and get your FREE Bonus Report ... just click below now:
Bob Bly is a full-time freelance copywriter specializing in online, direct response, and b-to-b marketing. He earned more than $700,000 last year from his freelance writing, and became a self-made multi-millionaire while still in his 30s.
A copywriter for more than a quarter of a century, Bob has written promotions for over 100 clients including Phillips, Agora, KCI, 21st Century, Weiss Research, EBI Medical Systems, Sony, IBM, AT&T, Grumman, Crain Communications, McGraw-Hill, Intuit, and AlliedSignal.
Bob is the author of more than 70 books including The Copywriter's Handbook (Henry Holt) and Internet Direct Mail (NTC Business Books).
Bob's writing awards include a Gold Echo from the Direct Marketing Association, an IMMY from the Information Industry Association, two Southstar Awards, an American Corporate Identity Award of Excellence, and the Standard of Excellence award from the Web Marketing Association. He also taught writing at New York University.
Bob has appeared as a guest on dozens of TV and radio shows including The Advertising Show, Bernard Meltzer, CNBC, and CBS Hard Copy. He has been featured in major media ranging from the LA Times and Nation's Business to the New York Post and the National Enquirer. He was formerly the advertising manager for Koch Engineering, a manufacturer of equipment for the chemical industry.
John Moreau is an experienced writer and Internet marketer. He was formerly on staff at the Internet Marketing Center, an organization that pioneers new online marketing techniques and technologies.
about Bob Bly
"Good things are happening. I am getting a steady stream of Trial and Demo requests from the new site. These requestors are filling out the entire contact form. The site is simpler now, and I am still working to make it even more so. I appreciate your work."
-Jim Romano, DataForceOne
"Thank you so much for your wonderful work. It has been a pleasure working with you and I look forward to working with you on another project in the near future. You were always available, quick to answer questions and always exceeded my expectations. You truly are a gifted writer."
-Aaron Griffith, The Griffith
"Bob, again thanks for the great copy. You consistently help us reach customers with compelling, actionable content, when others just can't!"
-William McElleney, IBM
"The feedback keeps coming in and we all agree yours was a truly helpful, useful, insightful and effective workshop. You did a fantastic job inspiring the troops and we've already begun applying some of the key learnings."
-Paul Connors, Copywriting Manager, A large financial services company in the Chicago area
"Bob...your creative work, patience, and 'partnership' with us at IT Group has virtually propelled us to another level of business professionalism and recognition. The response we've received from your letters has been nothing short of tremendous. We've not only derived significant business from these unforgettable mailings--your efforts have sparked a creative energy within our ranks which will assist us in years to come. Thanks for your guidance and counsel."
-John A. Fallone, IT Group International
"I hired Bob on his reputation, and found it is well-deserved. His fact-finding process in preparation to write our copy was both painless and enlightening. The final deliverables were right on time as promised, and better than expected - which is saying a lot because my expectations were high. The first time I read his copy for our project, I literally got chills down my back - he nailed it the first time. Wow."
-Dennis Rosenberg, VP Marketing, VNUS Medical Technologies, Inc.
"Bob Bly did an amazing job with our company brochure. We are very impressed with his capacity to learn our product and to write copy so clearly and pointedly. Bob Bly is a great marketing investment."
-Michael Manoussos, Manhole Barrier Systems
"Great white paper! I'm in favor of the entire submission. Please congratulate Bob on a great effort."
-Michael C. Howard, Chasm Recovery
"Your Tax Loopholes ad looked great and is performing very well. Thanks for the strong copy."
-Brian Kurtz, Boardroom
"You did an excellent job. It's been a pleasure working with you on this project."
-Edward Brunet, Decatur Professional Development, LLC
"Thank you very, very much for doing such a great job on the ad. I was one of those folks who would read the ads in the DAK catalog by Drew Kaplan and this was as enjoyable for me as that."
-Chris Pickering, MeritDirect
"Bob . . . Just got the copy and advertisement you did for my new book . . . It's great! You are good! Great job . . . you have tremendous insights into what excites and what sells!"
-Don Libey, Libey Incorporated
"In my opinion, you are the best copywriter in the software industry."
-Judy MacDonald, Director of Marketing, Direct Response
"When I received the piece, I thought, I'll have to skim over it now and read it later. But, once I started, I couldn't stop! You did a GREAT job with Ken's story. I love it. It kept me reading. I'm VERY pleased with it."
-Craig Simpson, Ken Roberts Company
"Bob, It's been a pleasure to work with you!!! Thank you so much! I'm very happy with the copy; I feel it will give me good results."
-Alejandra P. Bigai, Romanicos Chocolate
"Thanks again for a great job."
-Davis Ross, Ross Advertising
"I just wanted to thank you again for the excellent work you did for us. You are the man and I can't tell you how much I admired your approach and service. Although I've never worked with a copywriter before, I think you set the standard pretty high. I look forward to working with you again. You certainly have my vote for the next round!"
-DP Jovine, Tycoon Research
"Great job - I'm always amazed at how you can boil the complex down into simple terms. It flows very well."
-Kyle Hodgens, Capital Financial Media
"Thank you for the copy. I see why you're the expert. It's so simple, it's brilliant."
-Sau Hyoung Pak, Big Machine
"The radio spots are very well done. I am very impressed with your work and copywriting expertise. We will be making the changes to the print ad as you suggested. In the future we may work with you to design a totally new print ad. Again I'd like to say I'm impressed with your services. You were prompt, informative, and definitely know your stuff. We will be recommending you to others and doing repeat business."
-Joshua Andrews, Health Solutions, LLC
"When people get to the promotion, the promotion has a good conversion rate. In one test, it actually had a 14% conversion to sale... can't ask for much better than that."
-David Galland, Casey Research
"I loved the ad! I don't see any reason for revision so I have already put through a check request for the balance I owe you on the ad. We are very excited about this one. I can't wait to see how it does. Thanks so much!"
-Alice Wessendorf, Agora Health Book
"I show off the work that we did on lead generation for negotiation -- as well as the conversion program from HMCL -- as big successes."
-Paul Szymanski, Harvard Business School Publishing
"Thank you for being very instrumental on making the launch of the wealth management book such a resounding success. It was so successful that we had to request more copies."
-Ingrid Boney, II
"Thanks, Bob! You are awesome to work with."
-Matt Morsa, Stock Secrets, Inc.
"I've spoken to a thousand copywriters over the years and Bob Bly is the best. He knows what he's doing."
-Joe Culotta, Natural Medicine Co.
"I am happy to report to you that your piece out produced the 4 other packages we tested against it. I want to talk to you about another project...."
-Nick Roumi, Pacific Coast Funding
"This is an outstanding letter. Really nice work!"
-Paul Szymanski, Harvard Business School Publishing
"Like the package ... the tone ... I think it's excellent."
-Bill Caskey, Caskey Sales Achievement
"We are very pleased with your copy approach because your copy seems to speak to the neurologist better than the copy in previous promotions. Moreover, your copy presses the sell better and more effectively. I really value your direct marketing copy capabilities and I'm thrilled to have you working with MedLink."
-Jim Chacona, MedLink
"Just wanted to take a moment to sincerely thank you for the hard work and energy you've poured into the Sinatra product package. You are a joy to work with."
-Gail Diggs, Phillips Health
"Thanks again... you did a great job."
-Caleb Cherry, Capital Financial Media
"You are a genius! I rarely love copy this much from the get-go. You hit it on the head!"
-Sara Pond, Nightingale-Conant "The original ad insert of 'Wall Street's Loss is Your Gain' continues to kick butt -- pulls 12 to 15 subscriptions a week. Not bad for a $500 investment made 5 months ago."
-Charles Mizrahi, Stealth Stocks
"As a marketing professional, for 17 years I wrote my own promotional material. But I am not a professional copywriter. It wasn't until I took my own advice that I started getting the results I deserved. With Bob Bly, I got what I wanted - in the promised time frame - with re-writes - and the results I wanted. Thanks Bob!"
-Mark Amtower, Amtower & Company
"I found your ad copy compelling, powerful...even entertaining. You really communicated the 'feel' of the message we are selling. Thanks for such great work, Bob!"
-Ashley Earnhardt Aiken, Thomas Nelson Publishers
"Bob wrote the most ballsy ad in the history of Dynamic Changes and it set sales records this fall. People couldn't stop themselves from responding."
-Richard Scheffren, Dynamic Changes Hypnosis
"Last year you did all the copy on the What Would Jesus Eat brochure. It was wonderful and I believe is one of the reasons that the book continues to do so very well."
-Pamela Clements, Thomas Nelson Publishers
"Your work for me is outstanding."
-Thomas Massie, BRIDGELINE Software
"Your copy looks great. Thank you for the great job. I want you to know that one of the things I'm grateful for this year is meeting you and developing a relationship which is beneficial to both of us."
-Jack McDonough, U.S. Tax Corporation "A special thanks to Bob for doing a superb job and making this work so well. I felt like a brilliant puppet in your hands."
-Michael Masterson, AWAI
"Even though he refuses to admit it, Bob is THE Direct Marketing guru ... or, at the very least, he's mine."
-Jill Perri, American Consultants League
"Great copy! I love it!"
-Marlene Jensen, The Newsletter Group
"The postcard copy is super!"
-Gary Yondol, Media Planet